In this article we will teach you how to prepare quinoa. Quinoa is a whole grain, is rich in protein and magnesium. It is similar to cereals but it is not. Very nice both mild and delicate flavor and texture, it is very easy to cook and combine with other foods. Cooking takes little time, no more than 20 minutes. You can consume it much at breakfast how to prepare main dishes. It goes very well with milk, fresh or dried fruit. You can also prepare it in salads or hot dishes. Preparing quinoa is easy and is a great contribution to the organism.
Instructions for How to prepare quinoa
- You must first remove the saponin of quinoa.
- This is done by washing it in a fine sieve with cold water until the water runs clear.
- This process is necessary because otherwise Cook the quinoa it will form a foam in the cooking water which will give you a bitter, unpleasant flavor.
- Bring to a boil water and salt in a saucepan.
- When the water boils add the quinoa washed.
- Low fires to medium with the uncovered pan to make the water go by evaporating for 15 minutes.
- If you are using the correct proportions at this time the quinoa is cooked once all the water has evaporated.
- Removed of the fire and if has remained a bit of lint remove it with a slotted spoon.
- You can add broth to the water and it will be you tastier for savory dishes.
- You can also toast it a bit in oil before cooking it and then add the water boiling.
- You can add cooked quinoa to soups, casseroles, stews or salads.
What do you need for How to prepare quinoa?
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- Salt to taste
- A fine sieve
- Tap water for washing
- A slotted spoon
Tips for How to prepare quinoa
- In the market can get it quinoa prewashed by what not would be necessary that it wash, but you must be very sure of that is so for you is well and tasty.
- The proportion for cooking quinoa is the double of water that of quinoa.
- Quinoa is gluten-free since it does not contain gluten, it is very good for people who suffer from constipation, it is good diets to lose weight because by consuming it produces satiety.
- You can save the quinoa cooked in a sealed container for 3 or 4 days in the refrigerator or 2 months in the freezer.
- We invite you to see our video to learn how to prepare quinoa