Artichokes have many properties that make them healthy and highly recommended for anyone who wants to take care of their figure and their health. Artichokes have vitamin B, iron, magnesium, phosphorus and potassium, are easily digested and help metabolize fats so they are good for slimming.
Caring for the liver is critical for anyone and people who have artichokes as part of their diet as a result of this help to protect their liver so they recover more effectively from liver diseases not advanced or very severe when consuming this plant.
For sufferers followed by constipation or slow intestinal transit, artichokes help improve digestion and intestinal transit, as well as improve lymphatic circulation and help decrease fluid retention.
Eating artichokes really has many benefits, it is also very tasty and there are many bakeries preparing artichokes, but you do not always know how to do it or the lack of time prevents you from doing so. It does not matter if you do not know how to prepare artichokes, we will show you some ways to prepare artichokes so that you can enjoy this delicious plant and its juicy and tender heart and stem.
Instructions for How to prepare artichokes
- Before beginning the preparation of our artichokes and preparing them in different ways, we will begin by preparing our artichokes by cleaning and cooking them. To cook our artichokes we will put them under the water jet of the key and clean them if possible with a soft brush, if you lack a cleaning brush, you can use a clean toothbrush that you do not need in your bathrooms and with the Carve the artichokes. If the soil that you have between the leaves is not removed, then you can try to remove the earth carving with warm water falling on the leaves.
- We must add clean water in a pot, it is not necessary to fill the entire pot, but you do put enough so that when the water boils the artichokes are sewed well, that is enough water to cover the artichokes, then put the water to boil. While the water is hot and about to boil add ½ tablespoon of salt for every 5 artichokes and when the water is boiling, add the artichokes with care that the water does not splash and burn.
- Cover the pot and let it boil well for about 2 or 3 minutes to sew the artichokes, then turn off the heat but do not remove the artichokes from the pot on the stove for the next 30 minutes. It is important that the artichokes rest this time in warm water so that you can release the leaves more easily and that they are soft at the time of eating them, so they have to be left in hot water until this water cooled gradually for 30 minutes.
- Remove the artichokes from the pot if the water is still too hot after these 30 minutes, then use a ladle and a colander to remove them or drain them in the wash of your kitchen and let the cold water stream fall on them. Then remove the leaves and remove them in a separate dish. After peeling the artichokes, cut the outside end of them carefully not to waste and leave the artichokes on a plate.
- Now that we have cleaned the artichokes it is time to start cooking them. As a first choice for cooking artichokes we will make a dish of artichokes capped in egg and butter. In a dish place 2 eggs for each 5 artichokes and beat until pale and liquid, then add a little flour to form a very liquid paste, if the pasta is very thick even so, add a little water or milk. Melt 3 tablespoons butter and let them cool a little without it is not liquid, add it slowly to the pasta you made and mix it well again.
- In another bowl put flour and cover the artichokes with it, just place the artichokes on the flour and turn them to stick the flour. After this put oil in a frying pan and let it warm very well, then put one by one of the artichokes in the egg and butter paste that we made and let the excess paste slightly darken, then put it inside the Skillet and let it cool. Once the artichoke is fried put it on absorbent paper and repeat the process with the rest of the artichokes, then place them on a plate. You can accompany this dish with your favorite drink or add additionally cream or tomato sauce to enjoy these capped artichokes.
- As a second option to cook our artichokes we will prepare artichokes with spring onions and ham. We will get some chives with large stems, you can only use onion if you fancy, but because of the flavor that is concentrated in the stems, it is better to opt for these. We will wash the chives and cut them together with the stems, if you decide if you want them to be large or small tables, as these will be fried in oil it is better to opt for large tables so that they do not burn. Place in a hot pan with 2 tablespoons of oil and fry until they take a more transparent pint. Then add the sliced or sliced ham and fry it with the onion for 1 minute more.
- Now it is time to chop the artichokes in large squares or very thick strips, after chopping them we will put them in the pan along with the onion and the ham and we will let this be cooled for another minute, we will leave this to rest for 2 minutes and we will serve.