The best of make yogurt is that you can prepare it quickly at home and will be much cheaper than if you need them to buy at the supermarket. To make the blend, will not take more than 5 minutes, which takes more time and it is impossible to shorten it is fermenting, but by making them at home, we will have a rich yogurt without preservatives. You can try different consistencies, adding flavors and with practice and time will be able to make perfect yogurt. To make yogurt, we need as only milk and natural yogurt. The mixture less than 50 ° C will make yogurt bacteria spreading in our milk and we get to curdle it. Can use a yogurt maker but should not have there are others methods to keep the temperature right. After making yogurt you must keep one because homemade yoghurts are used to prepare more yoghurts, up to about 10 times about 10 ‘generations’. It is ideal to prepare yogurts in the afternoon night, to have the oven at your disposal if you don’t have bread because they will do while you sleep. You will teach you to prepare it in the Yogurt Maker, this simple, practical and economic appliance retains the temperature to ones 45 ° centigrade, ideal for them crops lactic is develop in form controlled. If you want to learn how to make yogurt read our article and get to work!
Instructions for How to make yogurt
- We put a liter of milk in a saucepan and heat until it reaches the temperature of 45 ° C. You must control well the temperature, it should not exceed 45 ° C, otherwise waiting it to cool. The ideal is to have a kitchen thermometer, but if you don’t you can do so by putting a finger in the milk, if you hold the heat for 10 seconds the temperature is ready right.
- This same step can make it in the microwave by placing the milk in a suitable glass container heat for approximately 3 minutes at maximum power.
- Just stir to unify the temperature of milk since the microwave is heated unevenly.
- We put out the fire (or remove the microwave) and add a yogurt The first time we will use one bought, as much as possible of the natural flavor. Whenever you make yogurt, you can use one of the previous ones, as we said at the beginning, lasts for 10 generations of yogurt, but they are weakening. Then we suggest that you use it so 6 times, then buy another and starts again to count. The ideal is to buy those that come in glass jar, since we can reuse the packaging to make more yogurt or as a spare if break us any container of the Yogurt Maker.
- We add sugar. If you have balance, they are accurate 80 Gr. If not add 5 tablespoons. The milk must be sweet, to then counteract the higher acidity when it transforms into yogurt.
- If you want to make you more consistent and creamy add the 50 gr of milk powder (two tablespoons), this serves as food for the bacteria responsible for turning milk into yogurt. So we add you two spoons full of powdered milk. This will leave you much more firm and tasty. You can achieve an intermediate point by adding only a spoonful.
- Stir well to mix sugar and milk powder, also ensuring there is no lump.
- Now you can flavor the yogurt, incorporating a teaspoon of natural vanilla extract. Prior to this, if you wish, you can fill a container of yogurt to keep the of boot with natural taste.
- You can also use chemical sweeteners to your taste taking into account that not all serve for use with heat, but we will work with low temperatures. Not all chemical sweeteners taste the same, so test which is more like you.
- The entire process described looks long but really don’t have to take more than 5 minutes so the preparation, not cool for this keep everything handmade.
- It was time to put the preparation in individual glass jars which brings the Yogurt Maker.
- Put the container without lid of the Yogurt Maker in, cover it and program it so that you save heat for 8 hours. With constant heat and this time, we will achieve the optimum point of yogurt. You must be careful with the time because if you spend the yogurt will be more acidic. The yogurteras have indications of time in their instructions that allow you to correct or adjust the time better.
- After the specified time, the alarm will sound. Remove the lid of the Yogurt Maker and proceed to close each of the containers.
- E l yogurt, will last a week in the refrigerator. The Yogurt Maker already brings containers where you can select the expiration date. Remember to control how long to avoid consuming an expired milk.
- Because we can store them in the refrigerator and consume them once it has cooled well. The ideal consistency is achieved 24 hours in cold, but they can be eaten much before. Enjoy it!
What do you need for How to make yogurt?
- 1 litre of milk
- 125 g of natural yoghurt
- 50 gr of milk in powder (optional)
- 80 g sugar or 5 tablespoons.
- 1 tsp. Of essence of vanilla.
- Bread Maker
Tips for How to make yogurt
- To increase the creaminess you can add cream and to give greater consistency is that powdered milk is added. If you want it to be more appropriate for a diet you can do it with skim milk and add also skim milk powder.
- The ideal fermentation temperature is 45 ° C. Never make yogurt increasing the 50th in the mix because you can kill the bacteria in the yogurt and it will be liquid.
- If you want to add fruit either in pieces or processed, do so once it’s completely done, if not fruit juices hinder fermentation process.
- In case of not having a Yogurt Maker, there are several techniques that can be used to replace it. Some approach the preparation to a heating pad. Others keep it in a thermos. There is also who turns on the oven, turn it off and then let resting the yogurt covered with a blanket that helps to maintain the temperature.