The Sonoran capirotada is known for its ease to make it and its rich flavor. You can eat it cold or warm, accompanied by milk or alone. You just need to know how to make Sonoran capirotada. Prepares Sonoran capirotada, enjoy its flavour, just look this easy and convenient recipe of this traditional Sonoran dish and put it into practice.
Instructions for How to make Sonoran capirotada
- Place the water to boil along with the brown sugar. So the brown sugar from sticking to the Pan, move it with a wooden spoon while the brown sugar is dissolved.
- When the brown sugar this dissolved add the onion, coriander and cinnamon. Let this boil again for 3 minutes or until onion looks clear and let this stand outside the fire.
- Strain the honey in a jar or pot where you is easy to empty. The rest of the ingredients you can grind them and make a sauce with them if you want.
- The Citron chop well and grate the cheese.
- Cut into 2 cm slices approximately all the loaves until they are several strips. Put the slices of bread baked for 15 minutes at 200° C or until well browned. When the bread is toasted well out and spread them to all breads a little butter milk or oil for cooking.
- Fry the corn tortillas and put them up to down in the pot, either spread a little oil or butter in the pot to avoid placing tortillas.
- Place a layer of bread on the tortillas, then it is soaked bread with honey and add a handful of each ingredient as Citron, raisins, peanuts, plums and cheese. Repeat this procedure with the rest of the bread and ingredients to fill the pot. When the pot this list, cover and put it to the previously pre-heated oven for half an hour at 250° C. When pass this time and the Sonoran capirotada is has baked, is ready to be enjoyed.
- Visit how to make capirotada to learn the basic steps to make an capirotada.
What do you need for How to make Sonoran capirotada?
- 400 g of bread
- 125 gr of Citron
- 125 g of raisins
- 125 g of peanuts
- 125 g of prunes
- 200 g of aged cheese
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 plantains
- 3 corn tortillas
- 1 kilo of piloncillo
- 1 onion
- 3 sprigs of cilantro
- 2 strips of cinnamon
- 1 litre of water
Tips for How to make Sonoran capirotada
You can use oil kitchen, margarine or butter as an alternative to milk butter to makethe Sonoran capirotada.