One of the celebrations more important during these dates is the of sant Juan, which celebrate the change from spring to summer, while is the night more short of the year.
The celebration is done differently depending on the autonomous community in which you find yourself.
In Catalonia it is typical do a bonfire, if the population is beach is near the sea, if the population is near a river or in the town square mountain, take advantage of children and the not so young to turn various firecrackers and is typical celebrate the feast with coca and champagne.
There are different types of coca, pine nuts and cream, cream and fruit, only fruit, or pork rind.
Thus, if after already just encourage you to make this very good recipe typical of San Juan coca that are sure you will love more than one. In this case we are going to count as making the cream.
Instructions for How to make a San Juan coca with pastry cream
- Take a saucepan to heat the milk, put the milk in the saucepan, don’t pour it all, leaves a little to be mixed with other foods.
- In the pot you have fire adds, opened vanilla pod, sugar and lemon peel. Remove well all the ingredients and let it over heat, so get that milk aromatize slowly. Leave it at that until East about to boil.
- Now with the milk that you have saved, add the cornstarch and merge until lumps disappear.
- Grab an egg yolk and beat it, once also add it with the cornstarch.
- Once the mixture we have a fire has finished, remove the vanilla pod and lemon peel. Carefully see the mixture with the egg yolk and cornstarch, while you’re stirring with a rod.
- Once the mixed ingredients, re-list them on fire, while you’re stirring continuously, until it thickens and makes a cream. It’s time to remove from the heat and let it cool, cover with cling film and put it in the refrigerator.
- Then grab a bowl and adds the 100 g of flour strength, with yeast and milk slightly warm. Leave it to ferment for one hour or a little more.
- Once passed the time. Pick up the eggs and beat, once mix with flour, salt, egg yolk, milk, orange zest, sugar and honey are well beaten.
- You will see that a little bit is taking shape, until a crumbly dough.
- Now add the ferment and keep kneading until dough is more or less linked.
- When you see that you are at this point, add the pieces of butter, and continue kneading.
- To know that you have desired mass have to obtain a smooth, slightly sticky dough.
- Help a little light oil to use it better to get a ball that we give finished.
- You put it in a slightly greased Bowl so that it does not stick and let it ferment until double in size.
- Last time, on a lightly floured table place the dough and stretch the dough until you have a centimeter thick with a rolling pin. If you see that you get high mass, better to split it in two, and so they will be two cakes that will be easier to use.
- Once the dough is I’m, take the Pan from the oven and you put baking paper, then brush with egg coca and return it to leave, until you see that its volume has increased considerably.
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Brush with beaten the coca with egg again. Then it is time to decorate it as you like, adding the cream pastry, pine nuts and cherries.
- Then you bake it for five minutes at 200 ° and lower the temperature to 180, and let it bake about 15-20 min. Keep in mind that times are related to the mass, if your coca is small, it is possible to need less time.
What do you need for How to make a San Juan coca with pastry cream?
- 250 ml of whole milk,
- 90 g of sugar,
- 1 vanilla pod or vanilla powder,
- 1/2 lemon zest,
- 2 egg yolks,
- 20 g of cornstarch.
- 100 ml of whole milk,
- 100 g of bread flour,
- 15 g of fresh baker’s yeast or dry yeast 5 g of lyophilised (instant bakery).
- 325 g of bread flour,
- 2 eggs M,
- 1 egg yolk M,
- 60 g butter,
- 125 g of sugar,
- zest of 1 orange,
- 25 ml of whole milk,
- 5 g of salt,
- 30 g of honey flowers,
- red cherry and pine nuts for garnish,
- I beaten egg to glaze.
Tips for How to make a San Juan coca with pastry cream
Note the steps correctly and let ferment different hours every step you ask for the recipe out properly.