In comparison with other whole grains, quinoa is rich in protein, iron and magnesium, and its flavor is pleasant and soft texture, and is exceptionally versatile and easy to use. Not belongs to the family of those cereals but by his composition is it considered a pseudocereal. Is it cooked in 15 to 20 minutes and can be used in a wide variety of dishes from breakfast to dessert. In the morning you can take it as any other breakfast cereal mixed with raisins, cinnamon, a touch of maple syrup and a banana into slices. Use in salad for lunch or served with sautéed vegetables and black beans. The possibilities of the quinoa in the table are endless.
Instructions for How to make quinoa with vegetables
- Peel tomatoes
- It stings the two cloves of garlic and cut into cubes the rest of vegetables
- Clean quinoa with a fine sieve under running cold water to remove the saponin containing. If you don’t have this process will create a sudsing when cooking it which will give you a bitter taste.
- Place the water in a saucepan, add salt and put it to fire.
- When it begins to boil add the quinoa and keep a fire half until the water evaporates. 10 to 13 minutes approx
- Meanwhile Browning the garlic in olive oil
- Then add the rest of the vegetables.
- Seasoned with salt and pepper and leave the mixture to fire slow for about 15 minutes.
- Finally mix the two preparations and serve on plates.
What do you need for How to make quinoa with vegetables?
- Quinoa: 2 cups
- Water: 4 cups (the amount of water must be twice as the quinoa)
- 1 red pepper.
- 1 Zucchini.
- 1 onion.
- 1 leek.
- 2 tomatoes. Mature
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- Virgin olive oil.
Tips for How to make quinoa with vegetables
- Prepare the vegetables and the quinoa with time and keep them in containers separated. At the last moment we mix and give a blow from pan.
- You can combine very well with different types of fish or seafood. Also is suitable stop celiac because not contains gluten and very good for people with problems of constipation. Also is considered one of the foods that help slow aging and prevent cancer.
- It is also good to help lose weight accompanying diets since it has great satiating power.
- In the following video we show you this process with more details: