Rice is the most consumed cereal around the world. There are varieties such as long grain, medium and short. For each type of rice there are different recipes and ways of cooking. Rice contains starch, this is its main component, this is a carbohydrate. Rice is a very healthy food so it is recommended to consume rice 2 to 4 times a week, being specially recommended in persons with hypertension by its low sodium content, provided that excess salt is not added.
Instructions for How to make quick and easy white rice
- If we want any preparation with rice to be us well, must know the techniques of cooking, so make sure to point that it neither crude nor last, or sticking.
- The first important thing we must know when we make white rice is the ratio of water to rice, which always is 1 cup of rice for 2 of water.
- The recipe basic of the rice white is water with salt and a little bit of oil.
- In a saucepan over low heat, we put a tablespoon of oil.
- When the oil is hot, add a cup of rice and stir it so soak, add salt.
- Then add 2 cups of water and put over high heat so that it begins to boil.
- Once boils down to fire slow and leave to cook for 20 minutes.
- At that time it will be consumed water and check if the rice is ready or needs a few more minutes, although at that time if you remove it from the fire and let sit will finish cooking.
- With this technique the rice will be perfectly ready.
What do you need for How to make quick and easy white rice?
- 1 cup of rice.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of oil of olive extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon salt
Tips for How to make quick and easy white rice
- To prepare white rice is the traditional grain medium.
- The proportion of water is always double the amount of rice
- You can save the white rice in the fridge overnight.
- If you want to use for salad it is convenient to wash it with water on a rack as soon as it is cooked the grains separate well.
- Remember that rice is very good to relieve the symptoms of digestive disorders, both prepared as in this simple recipe as also the rice water.
- Watch this video so remember better how to prepare white rice.