We all know the sweetness and beauty of meringue not only to serve and eat it anytime but also to prepare delicious cakes and desserts. There are a variety of Frostings including French, Italian, Swiss, Japanese (with ground almonds). Vary in the form of preparation or cooking but basically not are more than clear of egg whites with sugar. You will teach a way simple of prepare the meringue French, the more simple of all.
Instructions for How to make meringues
- Put in a bowl four whites.
- Beat the egg whites with electric mixer. You can also do it manually.
- Once the egg whites have begun to froth, we began to add sugar slowly, in the form of rain. It is much easier to froth the whites before adding the sugar because they are lighter. Otherwise we would be adding weight to the mix and it would be more difficult to assemble the merengue.
- Remember that you must use a 250 grams of refined sugar for four egg whites.
- We must add the sugar gradually to give time to the crystals begin to dissolve and to not add excessive weight to the foam.
- In the milkshake sugar should be dissolved in the white so that the result is fine, therefore the thinner sugar, easier will be to achieve a good meringue.
- To verify that the sugar is well dissolved and meringue exit not grained, takes a small portion of batter between your fingers: if to rub the thumb against the index perceived granillo, must continue beating until you get completely soft.
- As we beat the consistency will make denser and mass acquires more brightness.
- It extends into the desired shape on a baking tray with baking paper to it take off without problems.
- Baking at a low temperature (90 ° C to 130 ° C) for a minimum of an hour and a half.
- It should not brown, and more to Cook, you have to do is dry.
- When it is cold take off it is from base paper.
What do you need for How to make meringues?
- 4 egg whites
- 250 gr of sugar
- Bowl for mixing
- Electric mixer
Tips for How to make meringues
- The egg whites should be at room temperature and free of yolk.
- Once prepared the batter you have to bake it right away or be lowered.
- It can be left in the oven off overnight before removing it.
- Another way to cook it is with the oven door slightly ajar.
- A teaspoon of corn starch can add to the mixture to prevent the meringue to cry, this is the exudate of liquid at the bottom when cooking was too short or the formation of drops of syrup over the surface of the meringue when cooking or mixing were excessive.
- Meringue can be flavoured with various extracts and flavorings, such as vanilla, grated peel of citrus fruit or cocoa powder or add vegetable colors.
- We invite you to see our video