Make homemade yogurt is very easy and economical. Also when we do it at home we contribute to caring for the environment since we generate less waste, having no plastic containers to pull and we use glass containers every time we want to. To make homemade yogurt just we need milk and the bacteria that produce yogurt (lactobacillus). We can get these bacteria directly from a bought yogurt that will serve as a “mother” to our future yogurts. Make homemade yogurt and eat it regularly is very healthy since it is a complete food that nourishes and brings many benefits to the body. In addition, it is a healthy snack, and a great replacement of some heavy foods when dieting. This dairy product works to regulate the digestive system and helps to regulate the bowel. Drink a glass of yogurt in the morning is ideal to start the day full of energy. Yogurt is a product of the probiotic group, contain several colonies of living microorganisms that have a positive influence on our organism, mainly improving the health of the intestinal flora. Yogurt improves the nutritional value of foods and resistance against disease-causing organisms. In addition to increase the resistance of the immune system against diseases. For these reasons and many others, the yogurt is an excellent food that is worth doing it and consume it daily, so we like our families, especially children. Although in supermarkets you will find a wide variety of yoghurts, different types, different flavors, with cereals, fruit, etc. the flavor of the home and the work dedicated to our family making products without preservatives, natural and very healthy has no comparison. We’ll teach you to make homemade yogurt, you have or not Yogurt Maker, and we’ll give you some tips for success.
Instructions for How to make homemade yogurt
- To prepare homemade yogurt just need a pot or a yogurt base portion, at least about three tablespoons of this product. Preferably, it should be natural, unsweetened flavor, and without preservatives or other aggregates. We will also need milk, and the proper utensils. If you have homemade yogurt the best is to use it to do more.
- We began by placing a liter of milk in a saucepan, and carry it to simmer until warmed to a temperature that allows to insert a finger for 10 seconds without burning. If you have a cooking thermometer measures the temperature reaches 45 ° c. It is important to never use milk too hot since then bacteria would die and the yogurt would not do.
- At that time, we remove the milk from the fire, and quickly incorporate the pot or the portion of yogurt. If we want a more creamy and creamy consistency, we can add a spoonful of powdered whole or non-fat, according to your preference.
- Mix it well so that it dissolves and forms a homogeneous paste, should not be lumps.
- Fill containers or vessels with yogurt mixture and put them in an airtight container and let stand overnight.
- Past this time, check that the yogurt has fermented and have the desired consistency.
- Another way to put it in the container without individual packaging and then made the yogurt can serve you per tablespoon serving. This container must be of common plastic, that has lid and seal.
- We will leave our homemade yogurt there inside, covered by a blanket and in a warm, dry place for about a day. You can turn on the oven for a while, then turn it off and place the yogurt wrapped in there and leave it overnight.
- If it is too cold you must turn the oven once in a while, removing the packaging from the inside and repeat the operation several times. But if the atmosphere is not very cold with once hot oven will be sufficient.
- If you have a yogurt maker is much simpler because you only enter the preparation in vessels bringing programs 8 hours, when the alarm sounds will be ready.
- Past this time take the product to the fridge, reserving a portion aside for use the next time that we make our own homemade yogurt. The storage time is 7 to 10 days.
- If we fail to yogurt we can do it with vanilla or other flavored yogurt.
- Let us remember that do not add additives or flavorings, with each batch of development this flavor is will be lost, until a suitable for use in our upcoming preparations natural flavor yogurt.
- Even though we have to go keeping yogurt that we prepare for use in the next we must bear in mind that ECA will weaken, losing effectiveness. That is why it is necessary to renew it using a new yogurt (bought) every 6 or 7 times that we use in the home.
- The homemade yogurt does not have preservatives you must look well not spend many days in the fridge, dairy products are due in a few days so it is keep them in the fridge for a week or 10 days.
What do you need for How to make homemade yogurt?
- 1 litre of milk
- 1 natural yoghurt
- Container plastic with lid hermetic
- Blanket to cover the container
Tips for How to make homemade yogurt
- We must always reserve a portion of our homemade yogurt in a small container, for use the next time that we make our own homemade yogurt.
- This technique to make yoghurt can be applied both to cow’s milk (whole, skimmed or semi) as goat, sheep milk and vegetable milks as the soybean. In this case we inocularemos milk with a soy yogurt.
- You can flavor the homemade yogurt before placing it in the ramekins with essence of vanilla or any other flavoring.
- If you want to make them with fruits it is best to add them at the time of eating it, either with fresh fruit cut into small pieces, fruits, natural cereals, granolla, etc. Add what you like to your homemade yogurt or eat it alone.