The custard is very important when preparing many desserts, petisús, pancakes, cakes, pastries, crepes until we can use it in cookies, fritters of wind or with fruit and cream.
There are several recipes that we can use to make custard at home without the need to spend a lot of money to buy it already prepared, besides, nothing better than the taste of home!
Homemade food has an incomparable flavor and when done right, no industrial dish can be compared. When cooking at home, we can choose the final point of the flavor of our dishes, and the custard is no exception, because we are the ones who will prepare and flavor it.
In many shops you will find custard cream, and well, you can buy it, but if you make your own custard cream, you can give it the special touch that you want.
If you do not know how to make ustard cream, do not worry, the truth is very simple to prepare and only requires a few ingredients and a pot to achieve it.
We are going to show you 3 delicious ways to make custard cream and enjoy it whenever you want, with whoever you want and when you want.
It’s time to make pastry cream ourselves. Prepare rich and delicious cakes stuffed and decorated with custard.
Instructions for How to make custard cream
- As the first recipe we will make the classic pastry cream vanilla flavor. Put the milk in a clean pot on the stove over medium heat and let it warm. If you plan to use a vanilla pod and not essence, then boil the milk with the vanilla sprig after removing the seeds and put these in the milk along with the pod and if you plan to use essence, we will leave the vanilla until the last to That does not evaporate and lose its flavor. Now put a bowl under the electric mixer, if you do not have an electric mixer it does not matter, you can use a hand whisk, but since you are going to have to beat a lot, it is preferable that you use an electric mixer, unless you have good practice to beat.
- Add the egg yolks and sugar inside the bowl and beat this well until these two elements are dissolved to perfection. Then gradually add the cornstarch while you beat this so that there are no lumps and this mix well, you can use a rubber spatula to lower the ingredients that remain stuck to the walls of the bowl and integrate the rest of the mixture.
- Add the warm milk little by little while you beat so that it is incorporated to the egg and the cornstarch and does not form lumps, do not stop to beat until this is well incorporated. Now put this in a pot, if you want you can paste it before, but if you have beaten it well, there will be no need to stick this.
- Stir this over low heat until thickening begins, when it is thick, put it in a bowl or glass bowl and cover with a little plastic adherent directly on the cream so that it does not dry or set too. Then put this in the fridge or use it immediately for your desserts.
- Chantilly cream. We can make homemade whipped cream which is also an excellent pastry cream when it comes to covering a cake. You will need cream of a little thick milk and you will put it in the refrigerator for a while, 10 minutes in the freezer will be enough so that the cream has a firmer state and you can handle it. Now put a glass bowl in the fridge and also take it out after 10 minutes. Meanwhile, put in another container larger than the glass bowl, pictures of ice.
- Empty the cream very well in the glass bowl you have on the container with ice, and slowly add the icing sugar while you beat the cream. Do not stop beating until the cream begins to take firmer, use the maximum speed of the mixer and do not let the container warm up, if necessary add more ice to the container that contains the glass bowl. Continue beating and add sugar icing, when you notice that the cream takes a firmer consistency you can pause for a moment to see if it needs more firmness and in that case add more sugar and beat more.
- Do not overcoat or cream will become butter and will not serve as pastry cream. Once the cream has the desired consistency, stop adding sugar and just add the 2 tablespoons of vanilla, beat for one last time at a medium speed, cover the bowl, leave it in refrigeration or you can use the whipped cream to cover the cake what do you want.
- We will make chocolate pastry cream, place 250 ml cream in a pot along with 250 ml of fresh milk to warm them. Add to the milk half vanilla pod or 2 tablespoons of vanilla essence, let this start to boil.
- In another bowl beat 125 grams of icing sugar along with 125 grams of egg yolks. Mix this well, and add the flour and cornstarch little by little as you tap to prevent lumps from forming. Now that this is well beaten, gradually add the milk and cream in the bowl with egg and flour, continue mixing and put this in the pot once you have finished mixing it well.
- Move this with a wooden shovel or plastic spatula always reaching all the way down so that this does not stick to the floor of the pot while it is heated. When this mixture reaches the thickness, it is time for you to put out the fire. While this is still hot add the bits of dark chocolate and beat this to melt and incorporate well into the cream.
- Put this cream in refrigeration covering its surface with adherent plastic, the plastic must have direct contact with the custard (glued to the surface of the cream) so that the surface of the cream is not settled or dried.
What do you need for How to make custard cream?
- 3 yolks
- 2 tablespoons vanilla essence or half vanilla
- 30 gr cornstarch, 20 grams flour
- ¼ liter of milk
- 100 grams of sugar
- Powdered sugar
- Cream thick
- 100 grams of chopped dark chocolate
Tips for How to make custard cream
- If you do not like the taste or smell of vanilla, you can use ground cinnamon instead.