Here we are going to teach you how to make crepes in the traditional way, with the most commonly used to prepare and that can be most commonly found in the different cooking sites.
The crepe is a preparation old of origin French, according to the legend, apparently is back to the century V, when the Pope Gelasius, very charitably, wanted to feed pilgrims French tired and hungry that arrived to Rome for it party of the Candelaria, and therefore, ordered that the kitchens of the Vatican brought amounts important of eggs and flour, with which would have created them first crepes rudimentary but that soon is became in a dessert very commonly used in France.
Made basically with ingredients simple, as them eggs, the flour, the milk and the butter, them crepes are a dish very versatile, since, starting from the preparation Basic, can be processing and filling of thousand ways and use is in a great variety of preparations, sweet or salty, rustic or refined.
What do you need for How to make crepes?
For 6 people
- 3 eggs
- 250 g flour
- 1/2 liter milk
- 40g butter
- 1 pinch of salt
Instructions for How to make crepes
- Placed in a bowl with the sides high it flour previously sieved, the sugar and the vanilla (if prepares them crepes sweet), 1 pinch of salt and the half of a litre of milk.
- Knead the mixture (also is can use a blender of hand or in the Blender) until is soft, velvety and without lumps. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs with a fork so that they can be mixed, then add them to the dough.
- Then add the melted butter, cover the dough and let it rest for at least half an hour in the fridge. Put fire to heat a nonstick skillet for pancakes, let melt a small bit of butter and when hot, pour a bucket of dough.
- The amount of mass must be sufficient to cover the bottom as follows: pour the mixture into the center of the skillet and then tilting and rotating, try to distribute it across the surface.Alternatively, you can roll the dough with a spoon, or the special tool.
- This should make is with quite quickly, because when the mass is placed in the skillet hot, will tend to solidify quickly preventing distributed evenly on the bottom. Cooking for one minute, moving the crepe from time to time to remove the cracks at the bottom.
- Then only wait to all the surface of the crepe take the same color and already can proceed to fill them with the condiments that have chosen or save them.
Tips for How to make crepes
If they are not served immediately, keep the crepes wrapped in plastic wrap so they will not dry out and then put them in the microwave with jam, fruit, chocolate or savory dishes. For flavoring them, can add a pinch of cinnamon to the mass or a glass of rum or cognac.
How you make your recipes? You give them an special touch? You use any filling can be surprising?