The cream tastes very rich whenever we eat it, whether with bread, pasta, ice cream, fruit, biscuits or even alone. Luckily for many you can also use cream in the kitchen when it comes to preparing dishes such as carbonara sauce with cream. If you want to learn how to make carbonara sauce with cream, here’s how to make a good carbonara with cream.
Instructions for How to make carbonara with cream
- Let’s start by washing the onion with cold water to remove all the dirt it may have, then peel it by removing 1 or 2 layers to have a clean onion that we can use to eat. Then we will cut the onion in half and leave the flat part against the chopping board. Cut the onion into slices on one side and then slice the opposite side until you get a few onion squares. When you finish cutting the whole onion, place it in a bowl and leave it aside.
- Then cut the bacon into squares or slices and put it in a hot frying pan. While the bacon is frying, stir it constantly so that it does not skip its fat and the bacon does not stick or burn in the hot pan. Let the bacon release all the fat possible, then add the onion and let it become transparent while frying, it is not necessary that the onion is browned, but it is translucent on the inside since that means that it has been cooked by The heat from the frying pan and begins to release its flavor.
- Add the butter or margarine to the pan and a flicker of salt. It is important that you put the butter almost to the last while frying these ingredients, because the butter can burn very fast because of the heat. Leave this on medium heat for 3 minutes and then turn off the stove for this to sit for a while.
- In a bowl beat the cream and egg yolks well to make a homogeneous mixture of very light yellow. It is preferable that you cover the yolks well before adding the cream.
- While the frying pan with the other ingredients is still hot add the yolks and the cream that you beat, adding it to the pan so that the egg does not settle, the carbonara sauce with cream should look like a cream, so that’s why it is Important that you prevent the egg and cream from being cut so the pan should be hot but not boiling.
- Move this very well and when all this mixed, place the pan on the stove to medium flame and stir it to cook slowly. Add the Parmesan cheese and let it melt. Let this boil while you move it and when you have lowered the level of carbonara sauce with cream by evaporation, turn off the stove.
- Add salt to taste and stir while remaining hot to dissolve the salt very well. Then add pepper to taste and 3 blinkers of ground oregano in the pan, move this very well again and heat this for 5 minutes more. Then turn off and let this rest for 10 to 15 minutes so that the carbonara sauce with cream catches the taste of all the ingredients well blended.
- Serve this sauce with cooked pasta or toasted bread, you can accompany it with your favorite drink and share it with whoever you want.
What do you need for How to make carbonara with cream?
- 200 gr of pork bacon
- 200 gr of Parmesan cheese
- 200 gr onion
- 200 ml thick cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 stick of butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Black pepper
Tips for How to make carbonara with cream
- You can accompany this carbonara sauce with cream with a steak of meat if you like the idea, or with a salad of tuna and lettuce if you want something lighter.
- If you consider that the carbonara sauce with cream is too thick, then you can add some milk or in that case do not use thick cream and use only liquid cream to make carbonara sauce with cream.
- If you want a healthier option, use chicken breast cut into squares to replace bacon or bacon.
- You can also use ham instead of bacon, just fry it with a teaspoon of olive oil so it does not stick to the pan.