Harnessing the old bread and bread left over from day to day is the best option to save money and prepare delicious dishes when given the opportunity to gather enough bread. The blackcap bread or capirotada is an easy way to tap rich breads your spare table every day. If you already you gathered a lot of bread or just buy or make bread and you have a little extra and want to use it it’s time to make bread Capirotada.
Instructions for How to make capirotada of bread
- Slice the bread thick approaching 1 cm for each of the slices. It is traditional to make capirotada with bread, but you can do it with the bread fresh or just put slices on a tray on paper all night so that they dry out.
- After this only spread slices of bread with a little butter milk or oil. Bake the bread in the oven at a temperature of 250° C with the heat up and down for 10 minutes or until notes that bread had a light brown and remove it from the oven.
- In a pan with 1 litre of water add the piloncillo and moves until it dissolves. Let this boil and add the tomato and onion until Cook. You will notice that the onion is cooked when you see more translucent and take a little color the jaggery or sugar, also you can know that the tomato is cooked when break you the skin. Spices as nails, cinnamon and pepper add them at the end while still boiling honey, leave on the fire for 3 minutes, removed from the fire and strain it into a pitcher.
- It’s time to start making your capirotada of bread. Grease a pan with butter or oil, and he placed a layer of bread, then soak the bread with a little honey and then placed a handful of chopped fruit and cheese, making sure bread has a layer of each ingredient.
- When the mold is filled cover it with foil or put a lid that fits you well, this is what bread absorbs well the taste of honey and the ingredients and not too dry bread.
- Preheat your oven to 250 ° C and put the mould with the capirotada of bread you made baked for 20 minutes. Once it passes this time lower the temperature in your oven at 150 ° C and leave the capirotada of bread for another 10 minutes.
- Take out your capirotada of bread, eat it cold or hot because it is accompanied by milk or your favorite beverage.
- Visit how to make capirotada to learn the basic steps to make an capirotada.
What do you need for How to make capirotada of bread?
- 1 liter of water for every 200 grams of bread
- ½ kilo of piloncillo or brown sugar (what you have will be fine)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 5 nails of smell
- 3 peppers fat
- 2 tomatoes Red
- 1 medium onion
- ¼ Cup walnuts or almonds, chopped or sliced
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- ¼ cup chopped prunes
- ¼ chopped dates
- ¼ of cheese Cotija (if not you can get this cheese, can use which want, the cheese American is a good option and easy of get if want to vary the custom)
- 200 grams of bread (no matter whether it is white or sweet, which have served)
Tips for How to make capirotada of bread
You can do this same capirotada of bread making the honey with milk instead of water.