You have bread old and like to take advantage of it? What you seem to make capirotada? This dessert has several advantages, among them, that can take advantage of the bread old and dry and convert it in something rich with only add some ingredients more. Plan ahead and learn how to make your capirotada at home. rice.
Instructions for How to make capirotada
- To begin to make capirotada, in a frying pan put the bread slices and fry them lightly with oil or butter, only cares that the butter is not much. If you want to avoid an excess of fat in your capirotada, then you can rub the FAT or butter with a brush and then put the slices in the skillet. Don’t forget to turn over slices of bread so they don’t burn, should only be Brown. You can also avoid the use of fat if you put bread slices toasted in a pan in the oven for 7 minutes at 200 ° C with heat up and down on the oven racks.
- In a pot put 1 cup of water and the brown sugar or muscovado sugar, cinnamon, peppercorns, cloves, red tomato and onion. Let this boil and lower the intensity of the fire that this acaramele a bit, enough to make a liquid honey. Honey is very thick, I recommend that you add a little more than water, equal if you want more sweetness, add more sugar.
- Strain the capirotada honey and put it in an embace or jug.
- Fry the corn tortillas, does not need to be browned more, just enough so that they are fried but not rigid.
- Roasted peanuts to soften it a little and chop if the pieces are too big for your taste.
- In a baking place the corn tortillas as a layer on the bottom. Then each slice near another to form a layer of bread. Then put a little honey just to make the bread soak, then add a layer of peanuts, raisins layer and a layer of grated cheese. You must do this on the rest of the ingredients and the honey and repeat the process until the mold is filled.
- When finished filling the mould put aluminum foil on the so that they bake better and put it in the oven for 20 minutes at a temperature of 150° C
What do you need for How to make capirotada?
- 4 virotes old and dried sliced 1 ½ thick.
- 2 piloncillo cones or ½ kilo of muscovado sugar.
- 3 corn tortillas
- 1 raja of cinnamon or 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in powder
- 3 cloves.
- 2 black allspice.
- Half cup of peanuts pure without husks.
- 2 tomatoes or tomato red
- ½ Onion
- ½ Cup raisins small or cut to the pitad
- ½ Cup of cheese Cotija
Tips for How to make capirotada
You can put fruit such as bananas, cut into slices and fried or dried apples slices to give you more presentation and variety to your capirotada.