The lentil is one of the most iron-rich foods. All dietitians and nutritionists recommend it in our diet, and although not everyone like and wide range of recipes to disguise them and to them eating more appetizing.
Then I present you one of the many ways that are cooking.
Instructions for How to cook lentils
- We can use broth vegetable, chicken or just water. Thus, we use 3 cups of broth or water as we prefer. I am going to use broth for this recipe. We put three cups of broth in a pot to boil.
- While, take the lentils and the pass below the Jet of the water several times, to have them well clean.
- A time, the broth is boiling and the lentils are clean them put to the pot. We will be giving you a scrambled occasionally.
- Then once we have again to boil lentils, covers the pot and temperature low to fire slow and cook them for about 20 minutes more or less until the lentils are tender.
- After the 20 minutes most of the liquid will be absorbed, if it weren’t so don’t worry, there may be some liquid at the bottom, which is also fine.
- Try lentils. It is possible that you embarrassing that they are a little more tender, in this case, keep cooking until all the liquid is absorbed. (About 5 minutes)
- Meanwhile, take a green pepper and one red as well as a carrot, and we are going to cut all strips and then into small enough pieces.
- Add a splash of oil in a skillet and it put all to fry, once this almost well fried got it the skillet.
- When the lentils are almost finished add the other ingredients and it put everything to a boil, once last time already recommended can enjoy a tasty dish of lentils!
What do you need for How to cook lentils?
The portions tend to be 1 cup of lentil soup 3.
- 3 cups stock
- 1 cup of lentils (per person)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 carrot
Tips for How to cook lentils
It is recommended to eat lentils once a week or fortnight.
Although you have to have the covered pot occasionally you can go discovering it to see if they stick, okay, etc.