Cook asparagus is simple task, the most common way to cook it is to boil them to eat in salads, with a little oil and vinegar or mayonnaise. The asparagus tips are eat only because the lower part of the stems is always hard and are very fibrous. Cook asparagus takes very little time and is very simple. Here we will show you ways to cook asparagus: boiling them, cooking them in microwave and oven. After these various possibilities of cooking you can consume it immediately or use them in other more elaborate preparations.
Instructions for How to cook asparagus
- Buy fresh asparagus.
- Always choose those who are not broken or bent, should be firm and rights.
- The color of them asparagus must of be green intense and the tips should of be closed and of the same color of the asparagus.
- To wash them you must disarm the attached and separate them.
- Cut off the end of the stems that are the hardest parts.
- Wash with plenty of water and again put together bunch tied with a thread.
- Place them in a pan deep with water and a little bit of salt with them tips to up.
- The tips should be out of the water.
- As the tips are very tender they cook very quickly only with the steam of water boiling.
- In 15 minutes will be cooked.
- Remove them from heat and remove from the pot carefully drain and cool.
- You must unleash them and move them carefully so the tips do not disarm.
- You can now use them in different preparations.
- If you want to cook them in the microwave, repeat the washing operation, cut off stems about 5 centimeters and distribute them in a round fountain in radial form, with the tips toward the Center. Add ¼ cup of water for a bundle of asparagus and cook 7 minutes at maximum power.
- You can also bake them: wash them, dry them on a cloth with care, distribute them in a dish of oven without overlapping.
- Add olive oil, parmesan cheese, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper and bake ten minutes.
What do you need for How to cook asparagus?
- A bundle of fresh asparagus
- deep pan
- Baking dish
- Olive oil
- Salt pepper
Tips for How to cook asparagus
- Asparagus add a delicate flavor to the palate, and are also ideal for the preparation of many dishes, may occur as input or lining of meat, rice, fish, pasta, and other vegetables. Rich sauces, salads and soups, creams can also be prepared.
- Green asparagus are a little thinner than whites, but tastier.
- You get throughout the year, but the months of spring you can buy them fresh.
- We invite you to see our video